At 11:27 am PST on July 28th, 2021 our monitoring systems had detected a slow down in connection times for the Boostlingo platform. The event was triggered by a threading bug in our management interface that caused the application services to become unstable and reset themselves.
This event was detected by the Boostlingo Development team who started working on the event by 11:29 am PST. We used a two-pronged approach to recover stability in services. First, the Development team had disabled the management interface causing the issue to occur at 11:29 am PST. At 11:30 am PST we had observed that connection times were restored with no additional hang ups having been recorded. Second, we deployed a fix later in the evening on July 28th that contained improvements to the code for the management interface in an attempt to prevent the issue from occurring again in the future.
The identified bug affected users of Boostlingo services in the United States and had extended to the web application as well as voice and video services. Users located outside of the United States who are on alternative servers were not affected by this bug.